Monday, October 8, 2007

Diving bell book feelings

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly to me was a good book and a bad book. Prior to reading this book I hadn’t thought about the emotion of being locked inside my body. This book opened my eyes to a whole new punishment that could enslave anyone of us. The thought of not being able to communicate verbally with people and not being able to move any limb in my body would terrify me. I enjoyed the basic idea of the book, being stuck in a diving bell but your mind is free like a butterfly. I enjoyed the simile the he used to describe his entrapment. It shows his feelings clearly and precisely. One the other had I didn’t like how he wrote about strange dreams that he had. They seamed irrelevant to me. In his writing it was hard to tell if he could actually move and speak or if it was just his imagination. But, it was a very well written book I don’t know if it was the English translator that made it sound so good. I would like to learn french and then read it in french and see how well written it was. Because the author was originally a magazine editor he uses loaded words and writes with deep emotion and feeling. Which can hook you and make you think about his current situation. The book makes you look into everything that you do, without even thinking about, seem so amazing. Over all I think that it was a good book and the originality of it made it so interesting.

No comments: