Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Sea Inside

I thought that this movie was very well done the only problem was that it was in Spanish. The plot was excellent and the acting backed up the story very well. It was a very meaningful message. The fact that it is actually a true story also makes it more meaningful. I believe that every human being has the right to die. I think that the courts should have allowed him to die. They should have done this because it is his life and he can do what ever he wants with it. I would not want to be one of those people that participated in the suicide. While I agree that he has the right to die I wouldn’t kill any human myself.

This book relates to Diving Bell and the Butterfly in the fact that both of the characters suffer from problems with their spinal cords. They differ in the fact that one can move one eye lid and the other can move his whole head. They also differ in the amount of time that the person has lived with their disease the main character has been a quadriplegic for 28 years the other has had locked in syndrome for a matter of months. They both however have written books. I believe that The Sea Inside was more powerful.

When they were on the beach in Ramon’s dream. The director used a extra close shot to show the audience how much they loved each other. If the director had done any other shot you wouldn’t fell the same emotion in that scene. But, the extra close shot made you fell like you were there experiencing it.

No comments: